Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious and lower fat.
- 3 lbs chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon spicy seasoning (if desired)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cup flour
- Combine the bread crumbs and the spices and seasonings.
- Combine the egg white and the yogurt.
- Roll each chicken piece in the flour, then the yogurt, then the bread crumbs.
- Spray a 9x13 oven dish with Pam.
- Place the chicken in the dish, then spray lightly with Pam.
- Bake 40 minutes to 1 1/2 hours, at 350 degrees, depending on altitude, until the chicken juice is not pink when chicken is pricked with fork.
Loved this recipe! I only had 6 chicken legs, so I cut the dredging ingredients in half. For the spicy seasonings recommended, I used Fajita and Lowery seasonings. The legs were crusty as though the skin was still on, but with far fewer calories.
Nice chicken with good flavor. Very easy to make. My chicken breasts were huge so I doubled the coating with success.
I ended up adding a little cayenne to kick this up a bit. I only used one egg white. We enjoyed it very much and I will be making this again for sure! Thanks for posting a recipe that uses non fat yogurt to coat the chicken rather than butter or other fat.