Recipe by Lainey39
This is a really good chicken recipe I found in Taste of the South.
Top Review by cfowler12317
My family loved this chicken. It was a nice change from our fried chicken and healthier. i didn't have fresh herbs, so i used dry herbs and it worked just as good. we had leftover chicken, so the next night instead of drizzling with honey we poured prego on top and some mozzarella cheese and had chicken parmesean! great recipe!
- 1 cup panko-style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 -7 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk and then dredge in bread-crumb mixture, making sure both sides of chicken are coated.
- Placed breaded pieces in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!