Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a really good chicken recipe I found in Taste of the South.
Make and share this Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup panko-style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 -7 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk and then dredge in bread-crumb mixture, making sure both sides of chicken are coated.
- Placed breaded pieces in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!
My family loved this chicken. It was a nice change from our fried chicken and healthier. i didn't have fresh herbs, so i used dry herbs and it worked just as good. we had leftover chicken, so the next night instead of drizzling with honey we poured prego on top and some mozzarella cheese and had chicken parmesean! great recipe!
First time using panko style crumbs. The crumbs and seasonings are good and tasty. The chicken was moist. Like one reviewer though I could not get the chicken to brown, even at the higher temperature of 425. I turned them over after 10 minutes and sprayed the turned over side with vegetable cooking spray.
Very good chicken. I loved the panko/parmesan combo. The chicken did crisp up nicely and had good flavor. I think chicken done this way would be great sliced and served atop a green salad. Thank you for the great recipe!