This is a really good chicken recipe I found in Taste of the South.
Make and share this Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup panko-style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 (6 -7 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees; lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk and then dredge in bread-crumb mixture, making sure both sides of chicken are coated.
- Placed breaded pieces in prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Drizzle with honey and enjoy!