Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this to lighten up a friends recipe. I thought it worked pretty well.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (3 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Spray bottom of 9 x 13 casserole.
- Place butter in casserole and set in oven just to melt butter over the entire bottom.
- Whisk together milk and eggs; set aside.
- Mix together crushed up onions, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken in milk mixture, then in onion crumb mixture.
- Place in casserole.
- Bake 45 minutes or until chicken is done.