Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a slight variation from the recipe on the Bisquick box. I made this again last night using DiB's recipe for Bisquick in place of the Bisquick and it worked great! I prefer skin-on thighs for this (I know, I know - it's not exactly the healthiest cut!) because the skin comes out super crispy and full of flavor and the meat is wonderfully moist.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Bisquick (or other biscuit mix)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 pan.
- Mix Bisquick, paprika, salt and pepper. Place in a plastic bag and shake chicken pieces, coating well. Coating them in a shallow pan also works, if that's easier.
- Put chicken in the pan, skin sides down. Bake uncovered 35 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces and bake until done, about 15 minutes.