Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Takes the place of frying. Less fat and colories.
- 1 (3 lb) fryer (cut up)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Place slices of butter on cookie sheet that is lined with aluminium foil.
- Put in 400 degree oven until melted.
- Mix egg and milk together .
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Dip chicken piecies in egg mixture first then into flour mixture.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet, skin side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes then turn chicken over and bake 30 mins more.
I can't believe that no one has reviewed this one yet! I've made several oven fried chicken recipes on this site and this one is my favorite! It came out really moist on the inside and crisp on the outside. I would give this more than 5 stars if I could. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
Here's another 5 stars...hubby love it and didn't have any idea it wasn't deep fried...like others have all ready said...it's crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside...this is a keeper...I did add some garlic powder to the flour mixture...thanks for posting this delicious recipe...made for Spring PAC 2013 =)
Extremely moist inside and crisp on the outside. I have never used baking powder in the flour before and I think it really makes a difference in the crispiness. I might add a few herbs and spices next time, to flavor it more. Garlic powder would be good. Made for Best of 2012 game.