Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
From my recipe box. Uses yogurt, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and some red pepper and then coat with cornflake crumbs. Simple recipe for an easy dinner.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces, skinned
- 1⁄4 cup corn, flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt, can use low-fat
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place on a shallow rack and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cornflake crumbs and parsley and set aside.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Brush chicken with yogurt mixture, then sprinkle with flakes.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F. for an hour or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
Yum!! I looked at so many oven-fried chicken recipes, but most used buttermilk (not in my fridge last night) and they don't use crumbs. So I came across yours, used Greek yoghurt (nice and creamy!) and followed your recipe, but I used Panko crumbs instead of cornflakes -- another staple I did not have in my pantry. It was delicious. I did use free-range chicken pieces. Thanks for a really nice recipe, and may I recommend Greek yoghurt -- it really sticks to the chicken pieces. Easy recipe.
The suggestion to use yoghurt instead of the egg coating is a good one, and the Worcester sauce and garlic work well. I used a higher proportion of yoghurt and no hot pepper, and got a good, tasty result which was enjoyed by people who don't like heat. I used panko crumbs, as suggested by someone else, which were fine, but disintegrated into mush when gravy was added on the plate. Will try with cornflakes next time. <br/><br/>Note to self: make sure everything is ready before starting the coating process, as your hands will be covered in yoghurt and breadcrumbs.
This reminded me of a chicken recipe that my Mother used to make. Very easy and quick. I didn't use the ground red pepper. The chicken was juicy and the out side with a little crunch. I really enjoyed this. I will be making again. Made for I reccomend Tag April 2009.