Recipe by Oolala
From my recipe box. Uses yogurt, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and some red pepper and then coat with cornflake crumbs. Simple recipe for an easy dinner.
Top Review by Zurie
Yum!! I looked at so many oven-fried chicken recipes, but most used buttermilk (not in my fridge last night) and they don't use crumbs. So I came across yours, used Greek yoghurt (nice and creamy!) and followed your recipe, but I used Panko crumbs instead of cornflakes -- another staple I did not have in my pantry. It was delicious. I did use free-range chicken pieces. Thanks for a really nice recipe, and may I recommend Greek yoghurt -- it really sticks to the chicken pieces. Easy recipe.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces, skinned
- 1⁄4 cup corn, flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt, can use low-fat
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Place on a shallow rack and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cornflake crumbs and parsley and set aside.
- In another small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and pepper.
- Brush chicken with yogurt mixture, then sprinkle with flakes.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F. for an hour or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.