Recipe by Juenessa
This recipe comes from Ellie Krieger on the Food Network. Corn cereal crumbs and crushed crackers create a delicious coating. The yogurt tenderizes the chicken. A light spray of olive oil before baking guarantees lightly crispy results.
Top Review by KateL
Decidedly spicy, we loved this! Needed 30 Whole-Grain Wheat Thins to yield 1/2 cup. I tried halving the recipe, but needed more than 1/2 cup of mixed crumbs to coat thoroughly, while I had lots of yogurt coating left over. Because I made chicken thighs, I baked for 45 minutes. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
- 20 whole-grain salted crackers, pulsed in a food processor until fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn cereal flakes, pulsed in a food processor to fine crumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 medium sized skinless chicken breasts and 4 skinless chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 3 1/2 pounds chicken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Combine the crackers and corn cereal crumbs, sesame seeds, cayenne, and garlic powder in a shallow bowl and reserve.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, yogurt, Dijon mustard, and salt.
- Add the chicken pieces and coat thoroughly with the yogurt mixture.
- One at a time, dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture, packing crumbs onto chicken.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife.