Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this off Food Network have not tried it yet but plan to soon. Sounds easy and yummy. To get a healthy 6 oz portion, cut breast pieces crosswise with a heavy knife about the same size as a chicken thigh.
- 1 1⁄3 cups Crispix cereal (corn-rice cereal)
- 2 1⁄4 cups broken bagel chips or 2 1⁄4 cups melba toast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (6 ounce) bone in skinless chicken pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Set a rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Spray the rack generously with cooking spray.
- Finely grind the cereal and toasts together in a food processor. Transfer crumbs to a large gallon size plastic bag. Add the oil, salt, cayenne, paprika, and ground pepper and toss the mix thoroughly. Wisk the light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a medium shallow bowl. Add chicken to mayonnaise and turn to coat all the pieces evenly.
- Drop chicken into plastic bag, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated.
- Place coated pieces on the prepared rack. Spray the chicken pieces evenly with cooking spray, and bake until the coating crisp and browns and instant read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the pieces registers 160 degrees, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
My mother in law made this for us tonight. It was so delicious. We really enjoyed the flavoring of the crumbs. The mayonnaise really kept the chicken moist. Baking the chicken on the rack kept the chicken crisp on all sides. This recipe's a keeper!