Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". A cookbook from Vicksburg, MS. Try this recipe for fried chicken. Delicious!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine baking mix, Creole seasoning, paprika, and pecans.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Mix eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Roll each chicken breast in flour.
- Dip each breasts in egg mixture and roll in baking mix mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.