Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You'll never fry chicken again after you've tried this "messless" method to get the delicious crispness of fried chicken in your oven. The crunchy potato and Parmesan coating gives the chicken a tasty flavor.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat shortening in a rectangular 13x9x2 inch pan in oven until melted.
- Mix instant mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into eggs; roll in potato mixture.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up, in baking pan.
- Bake uncovered until thickest pieces are done, about 1 hour.
Easy, crispy and flavorful! I took the skin of my chicken breast to save some calories. Reviewed for Pool Party 2010.
This is great,I added a little garlic powder,and cooked about 45 min.!Thanks Linda.
I love this easy recipe. I think it needs garlic powder or onion powder. That's why it's not 5 stars- kids loved it!