Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You'll never fry chicken again after you've tried this "messless" method to get the delicious crispness of fried chicken in your oven. The crunchy potato and Parmesan coating gives the chicken a tasty flavor.
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 354.88 ml instant mashed potatoes (dry)
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 907.18-1360.77 g chicken pieces, of your choice
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat shortening in a rectangular 13x9x2 inch pan in oven until melted.
- Mix instant mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into eggs; roll in potato mixture.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up, in baking pan.
- Bake uncovered until thickest pieces are done, about 1 hour.
Easy, crispy and flavorful! I took the skin of my chicken breast to save some calories. Reviewed for Pool Party 2010.
This is great,I added a little garlic powder,and cooked about 45 min.!Thanks Linda.
I love this easy recipe. I think it needs garlic powder or onion powder. That's why it's not 5 stars- kids loved it!