Recipe by Tisy Adams
You'll never fry chicken again after you've tried this "messless" method to get the delicious crispness of fried chicken in your oven. The crunchy potato and Parmesan coating gives the chicken a tasty flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant mashed potatoes (dry)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces, of your choice
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat shortening in a rectangular 13x9x2 inch pan in oven until melted.
- Mix instant mashed potatoes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into eggs; roll in potato mixture.
- Place chicken pieces, skin side up, in baking pan.
- Bake uncovered until thickest pieces are done, about 1 hour.