Seen on food network channel. No splattering grease, no standing watch on dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the buttermilkd over them.
- 2Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4Pour oil into a large heavy bottomed stock pot to a depth of about 1 inch, heat to 360 degrees F on a thermometer.
- 5Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- 6Remove chicken from buttermilk and coat each piece with the flour mixture.
- 7Working in batches, carefully place chicken pieces into the oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side (chicken will cook fully in oven).
- 8Remove chicken from the oil and place on a metal baking rack set on a sheet pan.
- 9Before frying next batch, allow oil to return to 360 degrees F.
- 10When all chicken has been fried, bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 11Serve chicken hot.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.8
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 160.1 mg
- Sodium 1146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 45.8 g