Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Seen on food network channel. No splattering grease, no standing watch on dinner!
Make and share this Oven-Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour the buttermilkd over them.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour oil into a large heavy bottomed stock pot to a depth of about 1 inch, heat to 360 degrees F on a thermometer.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk and coat each piece with the flour mixture.
- Working in batches, carefully place chicken pieces into the oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side (chicken will cook fully in oven).
- Remove chicken from the oil and place on a metal baking rack set on a sheet pan.
- Before frying next batch, allow oil to return to 360 degrees F.
- When all chicken has been fried, bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve chicken hot.