Recipe by COOKGIRl
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken. For this recipe I substituted chestnut flour I found last month in bulk at the local natural food store. The original recipe called for whole wheat flour. I added the onion and garlic powder and dried parsley to make it more palatable and agreeable to a five year old. The test recipe was cut in half.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up (I used drumsticks)
- 1 cup chestnut flour (or more as needed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (reduced from 2 teaspoons)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the butter in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- In a plastic bag or sturdy grocery bag combine the chestnut flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place 1 or 2 drumsticks at a time in the bag and shake until evenly coated.
- Transfer to the baking dish. Bake 30-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the drumsticks.
- Turn the chicken pieces and bake a further 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.