From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken. For this recipe I substituted chestnut flour I found last month in bulk at the local natural food store. The original recipe called for whole wheat flour. I added the onion and garlic powder and dried parsley to make it more palatable and agreeable to a five year old. The test recipe was cut in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up (I used drumsticks)
- 1 cup chestnut flour (or more as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (reduced from 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper or 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Put the butter in a 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish and place in the oven to melt.
- 3In a plastic bag or sturdy grocery bag combine the chestnut flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 4Place 1 or 2 drumsticks at a time in the bag and shake until evenly coated.
- 5Transfer to the baking dish. Bake 30-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the drumsticks.
- 6Turn the chicken pieces and bake a further 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Chestnut Flour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 936.0
- Calories from Fat 668
- Total Fat 74.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 316.1 mg
- Sodium 586.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 63.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt-free onion powder
salt-free garlic powder