Gourmet Magazine, July, 2007, in the Gourmet Everyday section. "Catfish stays tender and moist when baked in a crunchy crust of bread crumbs and cornmeal. A take on traditional New Orleans remoulade adds a piquant punch."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the fish
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
For the remoulade sauce
- 1To make the fish, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. with the rack in the middle of the oven. *Brush the baking pan with 2 tablespoons oil.
- 2Combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal and 1 teaspoons of salt in a large, sealable, plastic bag and shake to mix.
- 3Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides.
- 4Take on piece of fish at a time and dip fish in the egg, letting excess drip off, then put in the plastic bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.
- 5Transfer to the baking pan and bake until the undersides are golden, about 6 minutes.
- 6Drizzle fish with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, then carefully turn over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 6 minutes more.
- 7Make the sauce while the fish is baking, by simply whisking together all the remoulade ingredients and add salt to taste.
- 8Serve the fish with the sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Fried Catfish With Remoulade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.3
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 199.6 mg
- Sodium 735.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 34.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: