1/1 Photo of Oven Fried Catfish
Adapted from Cooking Light. We love fried catfish but since deep frying isn't a healthy way to cook (and I hate doing it anyway), I have been looking for an oven-cooked alternative. Here is one that we liked. Serving size--1 fillet; 296 calories, 8.8 g fat, 17.7 g carb, 1.1 g fiber, 99 mg cholesterol. Marinate time is 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the first 3 ingredients to a heavy duty zip-lock bag; seal, shake around to coat the fillets, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Take the fillets out of the bag; pat dry with paper towels and discard the marinade.
- 3In a shallow dish such as a pie plate, combine the cornmeal, cornstarch, and salt/pepper.
- 4Dredge the fillets in the cornmeal mixture.
- 5Lightly coat the fillets with cooking spray.
- 6Put the fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 7Bake in a 450° oven for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Fried Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.7
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 836.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 26.1 g