Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
An easy way to make spicy potatoes.
- 1 lb baking potato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel potatoes; cut each potato lengthwise into 8 wedges. Place on ungreased jelly-roll pan.
- Toss potatoes with parsley, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper, thyme and black pepper until evenly coated.
- Bake 50 minutes, turning wedges halfway through cooking time. Serve immediately.
I used only 2 med-large russets because it was just me and I decided to try this recipe for breakfast (because I'm a bit eccentric). I halved the oil and spices, but completely forgot the parsley (didn't see it on the ingreds until I was writing the review while eating), but that's just my poor vision, lol. Anyway I also sprayed a foil-lined baking pan with non-stick spray, even though the recipe said ungreased. This was almost too spicy but it was good! Definitely not for the weak of taste buds like small children. However, I think 50 mins at 400F would have burnt my potatoes. I cut them to about 1/4-1/2 inch thick wedges and they were crisping at 20 mins on one side and so I flipped them and added 10 more minutes. Still crispy, but not burnt. Thanks Lvs2Cook for a nice recipe. I will make again, was very easy and good! :)