Recipe by ktdid
Quick and yummy variation on the oven fried chicken breast theme. Increase the Cajun seasoning if you like your food spicy. The amount prescribed is based on my kids' preference, which is for flavor, but not too much heat. Time does not include marinating time (optional).
Top Review by Troop Angel
These were so good!!! We planned on making bone-in breasts, but after realizing all I had was boneless breasts, I decided to use this recipe. And I am so glad I did! The only thing I did differently was to put the chicken on a rack on a cookie sheet to keep the bottoms from getting soggy. But the cornflakes made for a crispy coating and the seasoning was delicious!!! Thanks for posting such a yummy, delicious recipe...I can't wait to try it with tenders for chicken strips...yum!
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1⁄4 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place chicken in a shallow nonmetal dish and pour the buttermilk over the pieces, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight. (If you forget to plan ahead, you can skip this step, just dip the chicken in buttermilk before coating with the crumb mixture.).
- Combine cornflake crumbs, paprika and Cajun seasoning in a gallon size plastic bag. Close the bag and shake well to mix. Take one piece of chicken at a time out of the buttermilk, place in coating bag and shake to coat evenly. Place on a baking sheet or stoneware pan. repeat with remaining chicken. Lightly spritz each piece with nonstick vegetable spray or an olive oil spray. Bake at 425 F for 20-25 minutes.