Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Making mini apple pies is just kids' play when you use refrigerated biscuits for the wrappers.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 cup apple pie filling with cinnamon (from 21-oz. resealable can)
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375°F Spray 2 cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Press or roll each to form 5-inch round. Place on sprayed cookie sheets.
- Place 2 tablespoons pie filling slightly off center on each biscuit round on one cookie sheet. Fold biscuits over filling; press edges with fork to seal. Prick top of each 3 times with fork. Brush each with melted butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. (Some filling may bubble out at edges.) Repeat with biscuit rounds on second cookie sheet. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Quick, easy and DELISH! Family loved them. Will be making more.
Made these tonight and uploaded a photo. They are great! Hubby loved them. Only change that I made, was I used my home canned pie filling.