Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This oven-fried chicken recipe has a combination of super flavors and is so easy to do. Have dinner on the table in less than an hour.
- 1 cup fresh processed breadcrumbs (2 slices bread)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In flat pie plate, stir together bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, thyme and salt and pepper.
- Pour oil into another pie plate and dip chicken.
- Place chicken in crumb mixture to coat, then place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of knife.
- Do not turn chicken over.
The chicken was juicy and the flavors blended together very well. The outer edges were crisp yet moist. I baked the chicken for less time - 29 minutes, as I pounded the chicked to just less than 1/2 inch, and my oven does seem to cook recipes faster than normal. The flavors blended together nicely, and it was good to have some crunch when chewing. I served the chicken with broccoli cashew rice pilaf, and it was fantastic. This is a winner!
The breading is just fantastic AND it is great on any basic white fish as well! Great recipe!
Delicious! Chicken is well flavored, very moist and tender. Easy to make and elegant enough for company.