Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. This sounds like such a great vegetable side dish!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. In oven, melt butter in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, carefully cut acorn squash into wedges or rings. Scoop out seeds.
- Break eggs into a shallow bowl and beat lightly.
- In another bowl, combine bread crumbs with the Romano cheese.
- Dip each squash piece in beaten egg.
- Dredge in coating mix. Set in buttered baking dish.
- Bake until squash is tender and outside turns crispy brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Turn over with tongs and bake until second side is lightly browned, an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This is amazing! I love acorn squash, and I'm always looking for new ways to cook it. My husband and I fought over the leftovers.