1/2 Photos of Oven-Dried Tomatoes
6 hrs 15 mins
I love these tomatoes. They're delicious in pastas, salads and sandwiches. I think they taste much better than the sun-dried tomatoes from a jar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 F.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Lightly oil parchment paper.
- 4Cut plum tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- 5Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, sprinkle lightly with salt, sugar, dried oregano, dried basil and garlic powder.
- 6Place tomatoes cut side DOWN on oiled parchment paper.
- 7Bake in oven for 2 hours.
- 8Remove from oven and turn tomatoes so that the cut side is UP.
- 9Bake for additional 2-6 hours (depending on how dried you want the tomatoes).
- 10Remove from oven and cool completely.
- 11To store, transfer tomatoes to jar and cover with olive oil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.9
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.0 g