Recipe by Mirj
You can use these in all kinds of recipes, pastas, salads, whatever floats your boats. I also like to snack on these, although the flavor is intense!
Top Review by Bergy
I have made 3 trays of this recipe and am well stocked for the winter. I mixed the oil. squeezed garlic, oregano & oil in a plastic bag then threw in the tomatoes to coat them. Baked for 2 hours and left in the oven until it was completely cool. I have just done a whole tray of GREEN tomatoes and although they have a different flavor from the ripe tomatoes it is very pleasing and I can think of a dozen ways of using them including bruchettas, sauces, salads etc etc. What a before the frost garden saver!!! Thanks Mirjam this is a winner I am still picking green tomatoes from the garden
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 225° F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, add fresh garlic, olive oil, basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread them out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for one hour, then turn off the oven and allow the tomatoes to sit overnight in the warmth of the oven.