Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a tasty bread and is great made into croutons later on. Thanks to Mirj's Oven-Dried Tomatoes for making this a special bread. Original recipe from Jennie Shapter's Bread Machine cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup oven dried tomatoe
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups white bread flour (scant)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon bread machine yeast
- Put the ingredients into the bread machine per your bread machine instructions. Mine calls for adding the liquid ingredients first and then adding the flours on top. Save the tomatoes for later.
- Put the salt in one corner of the flour, the sugar in another. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the flour. Make a well for the yeast and add it. (I used Kraft grated cheese and it worked well).
- Set the bread machine for basic and medium crust and start the machine.
- After 5 minutes of kneading add the tomatoes or when the machine beeps.
- This makes a one pound loaf.
I made this bread on my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, I used all the ingredients but I used 1-1/2 tablespoons dry yeast and adjusted ALL the amounts, I used dried tomatoes in a jar that I chopped, I got one large loaf of the most wonderful bread! I plan on making it again soon, thanks for another winner Carole!