Recipe by English_Rose
A lovely summery tart ideal for when you are entertaining vegatarians. A Rick Stein recipe.
- 1 lb red ripe tomato
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 1 lb fresh puff pastry
- 4 ounces blue cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- arugula leaf
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways and place them cut-side up in a lightly oiled, shallow roasting tin.
- Sprinkle over
- 1½ teaspoons of salt and some black pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 300F and roast them for a further 1¼-1½ hours until they have shrivelled in size but are still slightly juicy in the centre.
- Remove and set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface into a 12x15in rectangle.
- Lift it onto a lightly greased
- baking sheet, prick here and there with a fork and bake blind for 18-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven, carefully turn it over and bake for a further five minutes.
- Arrange the tomatoes haphazardly over the tart base, leaving a narrow border free around the edge.
- Crumble over the slices of blue cheese, sprinkle over the thyme leaves and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Return the tart to
- the oven for 5-6 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the tart from the oven and scatter the arugula over the top.
- Cut it into 8 pieces, sprinkle with a little extra
- virgin olive oil and serve.