Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Vegetarian Times, December 2002. Serves 4. Scrub and peel the sweet potatoes, if desired.
- 1 teaspoon fine-grained sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine salt and spices in mixing bowl.
- Slice sweet potatoes paper-thin and toss lightly with oil. Toss potatoes with spice mixture until evenly coated. Arrange potatoes on wire grates sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray or on baking sheets fitted with parchment paper.
- Bake for 2 hours, then turn off oven and let potatoes dry for 2 more hours or overnight. Alternately, dehydrate sweet potato slices in dehydrator according to manufacturer's directions.
This was just okay, quite a bit of work and I felt the chips were a little tough. I may try this again when I get a new food processor and can cut the slices thinner.