1/2 Photos of Oven Dried Jalapeno Peppers and Garlic powder
2 hrs 5 mins
An addition of garlic to my dried peppers Oven Dried Hot Peppers-Flakes or Powder. Make your own chile powder or flakes with those extra garden peppers. Be sure to use gloves when handling hot peppers. Becareful when grinding not to get any of the pepper dust into your nose and eyes. As they dry in the oven you'll find yourself sneezing from them. Make your own chile powder with those extra garden peppers. The amount depends on how many you dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I cut them in half or even quarters so the flesh is open and drys out faster and more even.
- 2Place peppers and garlic on a cookie sheet that has parchment paper on it.
- 3In only one layer.
- 4I do at 200 degrees.
- 5Keep an eye on them and remove those that are dry as need be so they don`t burn.
- 6It can take 1-3 hours.
- 7Grind the pepper and garlic to make a chile powder.
- 8Use a coffee grinder once they are cooled.
- 9Store in a glass jar out of sunlight.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Dried Jalapeno Peppers and Garlic powder
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g