Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
I could not find a recipe to sun dry my tiny grape tomato bumper crop SO I developed my own and am posting it to share!
Top Review by nancystudent
Was so excited to see this recipe as I had just picked a mound of cherry tomatoes that I knew would go bad if I didn't find something to do with them. Started about 4:30 pm and by 11 pm, they were still not done. The time estimates were off by volumes for me. They taste great and and are very concentrated, but are still very moist and will not serve the purpose I hoped. Next time will start in the morning!
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Add one layer of grape or cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and fresh herbs if desired.
- Roast in a 200° F oven for about 2 hours.
- Watch carefully through the oven window. Try NOT to open the door as you will let out the heat and increase the cooking time.
- Tomatoes vary in size so the time is approximate. When they are shriveled and getting dry, remove them and allow them to cool. A little more moisture will evaporate.
- Return to the oven if you feel they need to cook more. Note the amount of time so that you have it for future reference.
- Store in a loosely sealed zip top bag in the refrigerator for a few days. Then seal tightly and store in a cool dark place for up to 6 months.