12 hrs 30 mins
I came across this recipe lately....I remember making this for my son all the time...everyone loved this homemade dried beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a large baking sheet with a wire rack to fit on baking sheet.
- 2Put the flank steak in the freezer for 30 mins, or until firm, but pliable.
- 3Slice the steak very thinly across the grain, about 1/8-in thick; or ask your butcher to slice the meat at time of purchace.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 5Mix and coat the beef strips with the sauce mixture.
- 6Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7Preheat the oven to 180F.
- 8Place the strips on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 12 hours, or until meat is dried (it should bend, but not snap).
- 10Store in an airtight container when cool.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-dried Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 1586.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 18.8 g