Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I came across this recipe lately....I remember making this for my son all the time...everyone loved this homemade dried beef.
Top Review by susie cooks
We really love this beef jerky! It was all gone in one night. At the grocery store the butcher suggested I use beef scallopini that he had already cut into 1/8-inch slices. The scallopini was cut from a top round steak. It really turned out great. I definitely will be making this a lot! Thanks!!
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a large baking sheet with a wire rack to fit on baking sheet.
- Put the flank steak in the freezer for 30 mins, or until firm, but pliable.
- Slice the steak very thinly across the grain, about 1/8-in thick; or ask your butcher to slice the meat at time of purchace.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Mix and coat the beef strips with the sauce mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180F.
- Place the strips on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 hours, or until meat is dried (it should bend, but not snap).
- Store in an airtight container when cool.