Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I came across this recipe lately....I remember making this for my son all the time...everyone loved this homemade dried beef.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 -3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare a large baking sheet with a wire rack to fit on baking sheet.
- Put the flank steak in the freezer for 30 mins, or until firm, but pliable.
- Slice the steak very thinly across the grain, about 1/8-in thick; or ask your butcher to slice the meat at time of purchace.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Mix and coat the beef strips with the sauce mixture.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180F.
- Place the strips on a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 hours, or until meat is dried (it should bend, but not snap).
- Store in an airtight container when cool.
We really love this beef jerky! It was all gone in one night. At the grocery store the butcher suggested I use beef scallopini that he had already cut into 1/8-inch slices. The scallopini was cut from a top round steak. It really turned out great. I definitely will be making this a lot! Thanks!!