Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs lean flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- Trim and discard all fat from meat. Slice meat in long 1/4-inch thick strips (easier if meat is partially frozen). Combine remaining ingredients.
- Add meat strips, coating all surfaces. The meat will absorb most of the liquid. v
- Cover tightly (I use a Ziploc bag) and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain off any liquid.
- Arrange meat strips together but not overlapping, directly on oven racks.
- Dry meat at lowest oven temperature, 150 degrees to 200 degrees until meat turns brown, is dry and feels hard (about 10 hours or overnight). Cut into 1-inch pieces, using scissors.
- Cool thoroughly before storing in airtight containers. Beef jerky keeps indefinitely at cool room temperature or in refrigerator.
This is really good. I only marinated it 8 hrs but that was good. Then It only took 3 hrs to dry. It had a little too much soy taste but it was still addictive. Thanks for the recipe. ~Chris~