Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I'm not keen on frying things so this recipe is great and really hard to tell they were not fried.....give it ago you won't be disappointed!
- 1 cup reduced-fat milk
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup plain whole meal flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Place milk in a heatproof, microwave-safe jug. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 30 to 40 seconds or until heated through (do not allow to boil). Stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Sift flour into a bowl. Stir in yeast, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk mixture.
- Mix to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
- Press dough out until 2.5cm thick. Using a 6.5cm cutter, cut 12 rounds from dough. Using a 2.5cm cutter, cut circles from the centre of each round. Place doughnuts, 5cm apart, on prepared tray. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan-forced. Cook doughnuts for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Brush doughnuts with remaining butter.
- Dip in sugar mixture, shaking off excess.
- Place on plates. Serve.
Delicious! This was my first time making dough and it turned out pretty good I think. I had to be careful though, as my first batch were almost burnt after 9 minutes! The second batch I lowered the temp and had to remove them at 8 minutes as they were getting really dark. Once I figure out the time/temp they'll be perfect! Overall this recipe was great, and easy to follow! Thank you!