1/1 Photo of Oven Donuts
2 hrs 10 mins
I'm not keen on frying things so this recipe is great and really hard to tell they were not fried.....give it ago you won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place milk in a heatproof, microwave-safe jug. Microwave on medium-high (75%) for 30 to 40 seconds or until heated through (do not allow to boil). Stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- 2Sift flour into a bowl. Stir in yeast, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- 3Make a well in the centre.
- 4Add milk mixture.
- 5Mix to form a soft dough.
- 6Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- 7Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- 8Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- 9Using your fist, punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth.
- 10Press dough out until 2.5cm thick. Using a 6.5cm cutter, cut 12 rounds from dough. Using a 2.5cm cutter, cut circles from the centre of each round. Place doughnuts, 5cm apart, on prepared tray. Cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 11Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan-forced. Cook doughnuts for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- 12Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 13Brush doughnuts with remaining butter.
- 14Dip in sugar mixture, shaking off excess.
- 15Place on plates. Serve.
Browse Our Top Healthy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Healthy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 10.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g