Recipe by Laura_Ozz
This recipe came from my aunt who is an awesome cook, just like my mom. It's a great way to prepare a cheaper cut of meat and still have something that's tasty and tender. My aunt's note on this is: "I dice my onion, tomato and bell pepper and use as much as I want. I also divide the sauce mixture evenly between the 4 steaks." Either way, it's delicious!
Top Review by mickie49
What a great way to use an economical cut of meat. Tender, moist and yummy! I used 2 Roma Plum tomatoes and a red pepper as that's what was in the vegetable bin! Thanks for posting this!
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 pork steaks, 1/2-inch thick
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste (optional)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients together.
- Season the pork steaks with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread each lightly with the sauce mixture.
- Place in baking dish and top each pork steak with a slice of onion, tomato and green pepper.
- Seal well in aluminum foil, leaving room for expansion of steam. Bake 1 hour at 350°F.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve hot.