Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my aunt who is an awesome cook, just like my mom. It's a great way to prepare a cheaper cut of meat and still have something that's tasty and tender. My aunt's note on this is: "I dice my onion, tomato and bell pepper and use as much as I want. I also divide the sauce mixture evenly between the 4 steaks." Either way, it's delicious!
- Mix first 4 ingredients together.
- Season the pork steaks with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread each lightly with the sauce mixture.
- Place in baking dish and top each pork steak with a slice of onion, tomato and green pepper.
- Seal well in aluminum foil, leaving room for expansion of steam. Bake 1 hour at 350°F.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve hot.
What a great way to use an economical cut of meat. Tender, moist and yummy! I used 2 Roma Plum tomatoes and a red pepper as that's what was in the vegetable bin! Thanks for posting this!
This was easy and pretty good. My husband said he really liked it. For me, it didn't blow me out of the water, but it was tasty. I'll probably make it again.
This recipe was awesome! The meat turned out very tender and moist. I added portabella mushroom slices on top. Thank you!! Will definately make again!