Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I served this for a family reunion and everyone loved it.
- 8 -10 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1⁄2 cup liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- Start the day before serving.
- Mix seasonings well and roll the roast in the mixture.
- Pour the liquid smoke over the roast.
- Tear 8 layers of heavy duty foil in approximately 24 inch lengths.
- Wrap the roast in each piece of foil individually, sealing layer each well.
- After using 4 lengths of foil, place roast in a large brown grocery bag and seal with masking tape.
- Continue with the other 4 lengths of foil, again, sealing well.
- Place in a large roasting pan and put into a 200°F oven for 24 hours.
- Do NOT disturb the meat while roasting.
I poured red wine over mine and poked holes in it and put in garlic and rubbed the outside with salt, pepper and oregano...to die for!!
I made this for my daughter's co-ed baby shower - BBQ theme - at my house. WOW was the general reaction of the crowd. The meat is unbelievably tender and tasty. This will be a new special occasion family tradition in my family!
I cook on an outdoor smoker regularly, so when I ran this idea by the wife she was skeptical to say the least. But after I made this she really liked it and has already requested it again. Next time I think I will cut the liquid smoke in half as the artificial smoke flavor was a little on the strong side. The meat was VERY tender and had great flavor. Goes well with potatoes and carrots and a nice craft brewed stout!