Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I served this for a family reunion and everyone loved it.
Make and share this Oven Deep Pit Barbecued Beef recipe from Food.com.
- Start the day before serving.
- Mix seasonings well and roll the roast in the mixture.
- Pour the liquid smoke over the roast.
- Tear 8 layers of heavy duty foil in approximately 24 inch lengths.
- Wrap the roast in each piece of foil individually, sealing layer each well.
- After using 4 lengths of foil, place roast in a large brown grocery bag and seal with masking tape.
- Continue with the other 4 lengths of foil, again, sealing well.
- Place in a large roasting pan and put into a 200°F oven for 24 hours.
- Do NOT disturb the meat while roasting.