Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Nice side dish with meatloaf or hamburgers.
Make and share this Oven Crisped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, boiled in skins until tender
- 2 green onions, chopped (white part and some green tops)
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (or more as needed)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (for garnish) or 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Peel cooked potatoes and dice into 1-inch cubes.
- Place in a oblong baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with green onion, Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Mix gently with fork to distribute ingredients.
- Pour broth over potatoes and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake on upper shelf of oven. Stir every 15 minutes until browned, about 45 minutes. NOTE: Add more broth if potatoes start to dry out too fast. (but don't get them TOO wet).
- Place under broiler to complete browning. Garnish with parsley or basil and serve.
This recipe turned out great! DH said this is now his favorite way to have potatoes. I love that the recipe isn't high in fat and really loved the way they crisped up at the end. I'm looking forward to making these again with other herbs and maybe some onion. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Made as written and then topped with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese. These have great flavor and I liked the garnish of parsley to give them that fresh flavor. Made for 2012 Football Pool win.
Great potatoes. These were so simple and so good. I left the peels on and loved the seasonings on these. Thanks Mikekey for a nice keeper. Congrats again on your Football Pool win.