Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Kellogg's cookbook. This uses corn flake crumbs and a hint of lime. I like these a lot and it's so easy to make. The only comment I have is that the oregano slides off the chops a bit when you dip it in the egg mixture so maybe adding the oregano to the crumb mixtue would work better. Made according to the directions you do get the flavor though. Enjoy!
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 6 center-cut pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges (optional)
- Combine the egg, milk and lime juice with the oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper, in a shallow bowl.
- Place the corn flake crumbs in another shallow bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with foil or lightly coat with a non stick cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Working with one chop at a time, dip into the egg and then into the crumbs to evenly coat.
- Place the coated chops on the prepared pan and when all chops are coated, bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until an instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and serve with lime wedges, if desired.