Prep 14 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a great alternative to fried chicken if you are watching your calorie and fat intake. It tastes terrific. You can use boneless skinless breasts instead of legs and thighs. Great comfort food!
- 88.74 ml butter, divided
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml cornmeal
- 3.69 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml ground cayenne pepper (red)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg white
- 118.29 ml water
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread tablespoon butter over the bottom of a baking sheet. I cover mine with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt in a large ziploc or shake 'n bake type bag. Close bag and shake to blend well.
- Beat egg white in a shallow bowl. Stir in water. Dip chicken in egg white mixture. Place chicken in bag with flour mixture. Shake to coat. Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Drizzle evenly over chicken.
- Bake the chicken about 40-45 minutes (less time if using boneless breasts).
My search is over.....this is now the only wings recipe I will use! Perfect ��
This was a bit of a disappointment. I had hoped the cornmeal would make it much crispier than it actually was -- in fact, "crisp" would b a stretch. I made it exactly as written and used chicken legs.
This was super tasty! Everyone really enjoyed this! Thanks for a great recipe!