1/1 Photo of Oven Crisped Chicken
Mrs. Doeinck's Note:
This is a great alternative to fried chicken if you are watching your calorie and fat intake. It tastes terrific. You can use boneless skinless breasts instead of legs and thighs. Great comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Spread tablespoon butter over the bottom of a baking sheet. I cover mine with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- 3Combine flour, cornmeal, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper and salt in a large ziploc or shake 'n bake type bag. Close bag and shake to blend well.
- 4Beat egg white in a shallow bowl. Stir in water. Dip chicken in egg white mixture. Place chicken in bag with flour mixture. Shake to coat. Arrange chicken on prepared baking sheet.
- 5Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Drizzle evenly over chicken.
- 6Bake the chicken about 40-45 minutes (less time if using boneless breasts).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Crisped Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.9
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 193.6 mg
- Sodium 585.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 37.8 g