Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very tasty way to make wings. You can dip them in your favorite sauce when baked or they are yummy as-is. Recipe from CD Kitchen on the Internet.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 chicken wings, tips removed
- Cut wings at joints.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Be sure wings are thawed and dry them well with paper towels.
- Combine flour, paprika, garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper in a plastic bag.
- Shake to mix ingredients and add wings.
- Line a large baking sheet with Release foil and melt the butter on it. ( Makes for easy clean up.).
- Add wings to pan and turn to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn wings over and bake for 15 more minutes or until crispy and done.
This is one of those recipes that actually works!!! Didn't take long to mix the flour and spices, then pop in the oven. I sprayed with olive oil spray instead of rolling in butter, and they came out so crisp. Even after being refrigerated, they were still crispy! Great/ simple recipe. Thanks for sharing :-)
My husband & I love wings, but I hate frying them, so we usually will go out. Previously when I have cooked wings in the oven, the skin was not crunchy, so I was a little hesitate about trying these. Well, I certainly don't have to worry anymore! We can now stay at home because I have found a keeper. These are wonderful. I went a little easy on the cayenne, but I will definitely add more the next time (and trust me, there will be a next time). When I turned the wings over, I did put them on a clean piece of foil to rid it of the remaining butter just to make sure that they would brown & get crunchy. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
I have never had better tasting chicken wings made at home before! They have just enough crispiness and lots of flavor. Making sure the wings are dried well is the trick. I like mine a bit hotter so I put 2 teaspoons of Hot Hungarian paprika instead of the cayenne pepper. I also increased the baking time by about 15 minutes. YUM X2