Recipe by Sheila in Alaska
Family and friends all enjoy this rice recipe. It came from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1 quart casserole combine boiling broth and butter; stir until butter is melted. Stir in rice, onions, celery & carrot. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F. oven about 35 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork before serving.