1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Use chicken legs, thighs or breasts. Add breasts 5 minutes after legs as they cook more quickly. Serve with rice and stir-fried greens, or baked potatoes and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 8 skinless chicken legs or 8 skinless chicken thighs or 8 skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 400F and line a roasting tray with foil.
- 2Put 2 tbsp oil in a small pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and fry until soft.
- 3Meanwhile, mix together the tomato paste, honey, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and lemon juice.
- 4Once the vegetables are soft, add the ginger, fry for 2 minutes then stir in the tomato paste mix.
- 5Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes. Add the mustard powder and Tabasco.
- 6Rub the chicken in 2 tbsp oil. Season with pepper. Arrange in a single layer in the foil-lined dish.
- 7Roast legs and thighs for 15 minutes and breasts for 10.
- 8Remove from the oven, pour over the sauce. Mix well to coat the chicken, then return to the oven and cook for 25 minutes, turning once.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven-Cooked Barbecue Chicken Pieces
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.7
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 208.0 mg
- Sodium 1100.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 55.3 g