Recipe by Ruscinda
This recipe was given to me by a friend at work. I love it because it is easy to make and you do not have to boil the peppers. I hope you like it.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium green peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- (10"x 16") Place large size Reynolds Oven Cook bag into 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, tomato paste, water, and sugar; stir until smooth.
- Set aside 1/4 cup sauce; pour remaining sauce into bag.
- Brown ground beef in skillet.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until transparent.
- Drain excess fat.
- Stir in cheese, rice, salt, pepper, and tomato sauce.
- Remove tops and seed from green peppers: stuff with meat mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in bag.
- Close bag with a nylon tie; make 6 half-inch slits in the top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until green peppers are tender.
- To serve, spoon sauce over stuffed peppers.