Recipe by Chelle_DaysFlutterby
And environmentally friendly, easy, non-chemical way to clean your oven. No over-powering fumes.
Top Review by truckerboo
This is an awesome recipe. I do not clean my oven on purpose because I hate the smell of the purchased spray can cleaners. The smell of wiping the oven clean is bad enough but even after my oven is wiped clean the stench from those products linger in the house and come back out when I cook my food. The baking soda and water worked wonders although I will need to use a 2nd cleaning on parts of my oven due to my own neglect. I used this with Pricilla's Oven Rack Cleaner recipe (soaking the racks in the tub) for an all to easy, smelly free, way to clean my oven and racks. I will be cleaning my oven much more often. Thanks for the recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle water generously over the bottom of the oven, then cover the grime with enough baking soda that the surface is totally white.
- Sprinkle some more water over the top.
- Let the mixture set overnight.
- You can easily wipe up the grease the next morning because the grime will have loosened.
- When you have cleaned up the worst of the mess, dab a bit of liquid detergent or soap on a sponge, and wash the remaining residue from the oven.
- If this recipe doesn't work for you it is probably because you didn't use enough baking soda and/or water.