Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Simple lil recipe that I came up with in college. Get home for lunch, quick prep, throw in oven, and ready when you get home from work/school. The meat will fall apart when you bring it out of the pan, so use tongs. Moist enough to eat "dry", but you can always throw your favorite BBQ or Meat Sauce on it.
- Preheat Oven 275°F.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp Seasoning Mix on bottom of 9 x 13 glass casserole dish.
- Rub minced garlic into roast. ( I usually randomly lightly stab the meat and rub the minced garlic into the holes.).
- Put roast in middle of pan, surround with potatoes, onion, and carrots. (Make sure potatoes stay on the sides of the roast.).
- Pour beer over everything, sprinkle other tbsp of Seasoning Mix over everything.
- Cover with Aluminum Foil, put in center rack for 5-6 hours.
Good recipe. I used Tony C. creole seasoning. I had a 4 lb. roast and only used 2 tbs. of seasoning. It was a little spicy and salty. I made gravy with the drippings and thinned it out with milk to cut the spice and salt.