Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Posted for Zaar 2005 World Tour. This comes from a cookbook of countries along the Danube. The recipe is from Germany. I have not tried this recipe yet. Update: Just tried this the other night. The potatoes have a really nice texture! I could see adding garlic or more onion if you want. I recommend sprinkling the salt more evenly over the potatoes instead of combining it with the butter, but otherwise it's very tasty!
- 4 idaho potatoes, thinly slice (do not pare)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Layer potato slices in 13x9x2 inch baking dish lightly sprayed with oil.
- Melt butter in small saucepan and stir in grated onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Sprinkle with parsley, thyme and cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.