Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted for Zaar 2005 World Tour. This comes from a cookbook of countries along the Danube. The recipe is from Germany. I have not tried this recipe yet. Update: Just tried this the other night. The potatoes have a really nice texture! I could see adding garlic or more onion if you want. I recommend sprinkling the salt more evenly over the potatoes instead of combining it with the butter, but otherwise it's very tasty!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Layer potato slices in 13x9x2 inch baking dish lightly sprayed with oil.
- Melt butter in small saucepan and stir in grated onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour over potatoes and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Sprinkle with parsley, thyme and cheese and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was very good! Thanks for sharing the recipe Kumquat.
I didn't have the Thyme, but I will still rate as a 5. Thanks for the recipe!
Amazing! I think the thyme is what made this. I always feel like there is something missing with just potatoes, onions, and cheese. I finally found it. So hard not to eat the whole pan!