3 hrs 10 mins
Impress your friends and family with this delicious, inexpensive, 5-ingredient entree. My family requests it often. The chicken is fork-tender, and the sauce makes a luscious gravy to serve over rice or pasta.
My Private Note
9x13 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 297.66 g can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 226.79 g nonfat sour cream
- 85.04 g jar 95% fat-free dried beef (I use Hormel)
- 283.49 g skim milk
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml frozen green pea, thawed (optional)
- 1Spray 2-quart glass casserole baking disk with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 3Mix soup, sour cream and milk together in a large bowl.
- 4Set aside.
- 5The dried beef comes rolled inside of a glass jar.
- 6Leave it rolled up and cut into thin slices, then cut slices in half.
- 7Lay dried beef in the bottom of the prepared casserole.
- 8Place chicken on top in single layer.
- 9Pour soup mixture over chicken, being sure to cover the top of the chicken, even if some of mixture runs back into pan.
- 10Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours.
- 11Remove from oven and scrape the sauce from the sides of the casserole and mix it with the unbrowned sauce, spreading some sauce over the chicken.
- 12Return casserole to the oven and cook an additional 60-90 minutes, until sauce around chicken has browned slightly and is consistency of gravy.
- 13Serve chicken and gravy over cooked rice or pasta.
- 14To garnish, microwave peas 30 seconds; sprinkle over the chicken and rice/or pasta.
- 15NOTE: If sauce thickens too much before chicken has cooked at least 2-1/2 hours, add 1/4 cup water.
- 16Stir into gravy and continue cooking.
- 17NOTE: For Real gravy-lovers, double the soup, sour cream and milk so you'll be sure to have enough!
- 18This gravy is also delicious served over biscuits.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Chicken with Dried Beef Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 524.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of chicken soup