Recipe by BeachGirl
Impress your friends and family with this delicious, inexpensive, 5-ingredient entree. My family requests it often. The chicken is fork-tender, and the sauce makes a luscious gravy to serve over rice or pasta.
Top Review by Barb G.
Delicious, All of us loved this Oh so tender chicken and yummy gravy. DH loves dried beef gravy and this is even better with the chicken. Can't wait to have the left overs for lunch. This recipe is a definitly a Keeper. Thank you so much BeachGirl.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) jar95% fat-free dried beef (I use Hormel)
- 10 ounces skim milk
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup frozen green pea, thawed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 2-quart glass casserole baking disk with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix soup, sour cream and milk together in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- The dried beef comes rolled inside of a glass jar.
- Leave it rolled up and cut into thin slices, then cut slices in half.
- Lay dried beef in the bottom of the prepared casserole.
- Place chicken on top in single layer.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken, being sure to cover the top of the chicken, even if some of mixture runs back into pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and scrape the sauce from the sides of the casserole and mix it with the unbrowned sauce, spreading some sauce over the chicken.
- Return casserole to the oven and cook an additional 60-90 minutes, until sauce around chicken has browned slightly and is consistency of gravy.
- Serve chicken and gravy over cooked rice or pasta.
- To garnish, microwave peas 30 seconds; sprinkle over the chicken and rice/or pasta.
- NOTE: If sauce thickens too much before chicken has cooked at least 2-1/2 hours, add 1/4 cup water.
- Stir into gravy and continue cooking.
- NOTE: For Real gravy-lovers, double the soup, sour cream and milk so you'll be sure to have enough!
- This gravy is also delicious served over biscuits.