Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Impress your friends and family with this delicious, inexpensive, 5-ingredient entree. My family requests it often. The chicken is fork-tender, and the sauce makes a luscious gravy to serve over rice or pasta.
- Spray 2-quart glass casserole baking disk with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Mix soup, sour cream and milk together in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- The dried beef comes rolled inside of a glass jar.
- Leave it rolled up and cut into thin slices, then cut slices in half.
- Lay dried beef in the bottom of the prepared casserole.
- Place chicken on top in single layer.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken, being sure to cover the top of the chicken, even if some of mixture runs back into pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and scrape the sauce from the sides of the casserole and mix it with the unbrowned sauce, spreading some sauce over the chicken.
- Return casserole to the oven and cook an additional 60-90 minutes, until sauce around chicken has browned slightly and is consistency of gravy.
- Serve chicken and gravy over cooked rice or pasta.
- To garnish, microwave peas 30 seconds; sprinkle over the chicken and rice/or pasta.
- NOTE: If sauce thickens too much before chicken has cooked at least 2-1/2 hours, add 1/4 cup water.
- Stir into gravy and continue cooking.
- NOTE: For Real gravy-lovers, double the soup, sour cream and milk so you'll be sure to have enough!
- This gravy is also delicious served over biscuits.