3 hrs 10 mins
Impress your friends and family with this delicious, inexpensive, 5-ingredient entree. My family requests it often. The chicken is fork-tender, and the sauce makes a luscious gravy to serve over rice or pasta.
My Private Note
9x13 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces nonfat sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) jar 95% fat-free dried beef (I use Hormel)
- 10 ounces skim milk
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup frozen green pea, thawed (optional)
- 1Spray 2-quart glass casserole baking disk with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- 3Mix soup, sour cream and milk together in a large bowl.
- 4Set aside.
- 5The dried beef comes rolled inside of a glass jar.
- 6Leave it rolled up and cut into thin slices, then cut slices in half.
- 7Lay dried beef in the bottom of the prepared casserole.
- 8Place chicken on top in single layer.
- 9Pour soup mixture over chicken, being sure to cover the top of the chicken, even if some of mixture runs back into pan.
- 10Bake uncovered for 1-1/2 hours.
- 11Remove from oven and scrape the sauce from the sides of the casserole and mix it with the unbrowned sauce, spreading some sauce over the chicken.
- 12Return casserole to the oven and cook an additional 60-90 minutes, until sauce around chicken has browned slightly and is consistency of gravy.
- 13Serve chicken and gravy over cooked rice or pasta.
- 14To garnish, microwave peas 30 seconds; sprinkle over the chicken and rice/or pasta.
- 15NOTE: If sauce thickens too much before chicken has cooked at least 2-1/2 hours, add 1/4 cup water.
- 16Stir into gravy and continue cooking.
- 17NOTE: For Real gravy-lovers, double the soup, sour cream and milk so you'll be sure to have enough!
- 18This gravy is also delicious served over biscuits.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Chicken with Dried Beef Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.3
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 524.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free cream of chicken soup