Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe might come across as more of a dressing than a salad, but however you look at it, we found it very satisfying! The original of the recipe was found in in Oct 2009 Family Circle magazine, & it has been tweaked to satisfy personal preferences..
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked, diced (about 2 to 3 cups)
- 2 cups celery, sliced thin
- 2 cups bread cubes, toasted (I use whole grain bread.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, then lightly coat the inside of a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, just 1 cup of bread cubes, mayo, just 1/2 cup of the cheese, almonds, lemon juice, minced onion & salt.
- Spoon this chicken mixture into the prepared baking dish, & top with remaining bread cubes & cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly, then serve warm or at room temperature. Can be reheated.
With Sydes permission, I replaced the mayo with a Feta Mayonnaise, Made this for a light dinner for the 4 of us, and it did not disappoint at all. Especially enjoyed the addition of almonds in this. Perfect little dinner. Made for Holiday Tag.