Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe might come across as more of a dressing than a salad, but however you look at it, we found it very satisfying! The original of the recipe was found in in Oct 2009 Family Circle magazine, & it has been tweaked to satisfy personal preferences..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked, diced (about 2 to 3 cups)
- 2 cups celery, sliced thin
- 2 cups bread cubes, toasted (I use whole grain bread.)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, then lightly coat the inside of a 2 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, just 1 cup of bread cubes, mayo, just 1/2 cup of the cheese, almonds, lemon juice, minced onion & salt.
- 3Spoon this chicken mixture into the prepared baking dish, & top with remaining bread cubes & cheese.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly, then serve warm or at room temperature. Can be reheated.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 706.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 17.9 g