Recipe by Croft Girl
Looking for an alternative to fried chicken? This baked breaded chicken browns beautifully, has a tasty crust, and is a real kid pleaser. It easily scales up or down to feed a few or a crowd. It's also great cold and travels well for picnics and potlucks. If you don't have Romano cheese on hand, Parmesan works just as well. Found in the Better Homes & Garden Heritage Cookbook. This dish pairs really well with Kittencal's Parmesan Egg Noodles and green beans.
- 2 whole chickens, cut up (about 2-1/2 to 3 pounds each)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄3 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease two large shallow baking pans or cookie sheets.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Romano cheese and parsley.
- Dip chicken into melted butter; roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken skin side up in the baking pans.
- Top with remaining butter and crumb mixture.
- Bake until done, about 1 hour.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.