Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy recipe given to me years ago by a great friend.
Make and share this (oven) Chicken Kiev recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup melted butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Melt margarine.
- Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, basil and oregano.
- Dip chicken in margarine and then in crumb mixture; place in glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Save remaining margarine.
- Bake 25 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven (uncovered).
- Combine remaining margarine with wine, green onion and parsley.
- Pour wine mixture over chicken and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Place cheese slices over chicken and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Wow! This is a luxurious and rich treat indeed. I felt compelled to decrease the amount of butter, so I used 1 stick. I think next time I will use even less. I also used fresh herbs for this and the flavors were just marvelous. Plain rice is the perfect accompaniment so that the chicken can be the star, and there's the added bonus of drizzling the rice with that extra butter. I did not add the Swiss cheese at the end; I honestly think it would be a little too decadent with that addition! Maybe next time. This dish was adored by all. Thank you for posting it.
We really liked this! So easy, and pantry-friendly as I had all the ingredients on-hand. My husband and I both deemed it company-worthy. Chicken-kiev made more than easy. Great recipe! Thanks!
This is the recipe I have used a lot, given to be by my mom-in-law, but no cheese at the end. It really is a great, and easy recipe for family or guests. Also, it is really good with a good bit of fresh parsley instead of dried. You won't be disappointed!